Hello Fantastic 5’s,
I hope your holiday has begun well and you are enjoying your break. As promised, here are some things to investigate over the holiday.
Some of you are confused with decimal numbers. Here are three videos that you may find useful. The first looks at place value.
The next one begins to focus on decimal place value.
And finally, one that explains tenths, hundredths and thousandths.
Look at the videos and blog with what you know. the following questions might get you thinking:
- What are decimal numbers?
- What is the difference between numbers to the left of the decimal point and numbers to the right of the decimal point?
- What is the difference between 2.6, 2.60 and 2.600?
- Where in real life might you see and use decimal numbers?
- What is meant by the terms: 1 decimal place, 2 decimal places and 3 decimal places?
Let us know if you have any questions.
Mrs Millard and Mrs Mansfield